Need some easy girls party ideas that you know she is going to love?
Planning a party doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact it should be FUN. Fun for you and fun for your darling girl.
Here you will find some girls party ideas that will suit all ages and all budgets. Whatever the age of your daughter, you will find something for her here from one of these sweet girls party ideas.
Think back to when you were a child. Can you remember the excitement of your birthday party? The decorations, the presents, the amazing birthday cake. It was truly an exciting time that only birthday’s could bring.
Whilst in today’s world we have Pinterest and Instagram parties making magazine worthy parties, you don’t need to succumb to the pressure that you have to create one of these yourself.
Remember, children love the basics. They love some pretty decorations. They love having their friends over. They love some delicious treats and most of all they love the fact that you have held a party just for them!
Whilst it is easy to do, try not to overthink it. The simplest party can often be the best.
Remember though that these are JUST IDEAS. You don’t have to replicate them. Just pick what works for you and create your own super sweet party.
As well as party themes you will also find some basic party planning tips, decorating ideas, food ideas and favor suggestions to suit all girls parties.
Unable to hold a party this year due to social distancing? Check out the best isolation birthday party ideas that will still be SUPER FUN.
What Do I Need For A Girls Party?
It is a great idea to give your party a theme. The theme is what brings the party to life and really gets the girls excited. It also makes it easier for you to organize and control the party.
There are SO many themes to choose from which cater from young girls to teenagers.
Think about what your daugther likes right now? Does she dream about becoming a Princess? Is she obsessed with mermaids? Perhaps she would like to be pampered.
Once you have an idea of what she would enjoy, you can start to put your party together.
You don’t have any idea what theme to run with? Not a problem at all. Read on for some inspiration that you are going to love.
WHAT PARTY THEMES WOULD GIRLS LIKE?
There are so many themes for girls parties that it is hard to include them all. Some ideas might include:
- Classic Tea Party. Have a sit down party for your daughter and her friends. Make some sandwiches, then bake or buy some small cakes and cookies. Present it all on a beautifully displayed table. The girls will love sitting together and choosing their treats.
- Slumber Party. The girls don’t actually need to sleep over for this. Ask them all to come in their PJ’s with a favorite cuddly toy. Have a table of food ready for them to enjoy which could be representative of a breakfast. Think pancakes, waffles and pastries.
- Go Out For A High Tea: Older girls might appreciate going out for a High Tea. They would be given a selection of pastries, sandwiches and mini cakes. This would be the perfect opportunity for them to dress up and be waited on. Alternatively you could also create a high tea at home.
A spa party is going to be a popular choice for the pre-teens and teens. It’s a chance to get pampered. You could do hair, paint nails, face masks and give foot masages. Ask the girls to bring their dressing gowns and thongs for comfort.
Create the mood by having low music playing and low lighting.
Give treats such as lemonade, cookies and cupcakes.
If your daughter loves to spend time in the kitchen with you, why not turn her party into a baking party. Invite a few friends over and create some delicious cupcakes, cookies and even sandwiches.
They can make them to eat, or to take home with them.
A movie party is a great idea for something casual. Keep the room as dark as possible to recreate the feel of going to the movies. and have lots of pillows, cushions and blankets avalable so the girls can get cosy.
Provide snacks of popcorn, candy and fizzy drinks. You could even provide the girls with a movie ticket as entry to the party.
Is your daughter creative? She might love an art party.
Provide each of the girls with a paint smock to ensure that thir clothes remain paint free! Have a range of canvas, t-shirts, totes and paints available so the girls can create their masterpiece.
There are a LOT more party ideas that you can browse on the site.
Simply have a scroll through and find a theme that your daughter would love.
Animal Party Ideas:
Fantasy Party Ideas:
Food Themed Parties:
Tween And Teen Ideas:
Other Party Ideas:
GIRLS PARTY DECORATING IDEAS
Having a girls only party is a great opportunity to make everything super pretty. It’s a time to get out those pom pom decorations, learn how to make a tissue paper garland and include lots of pretty colors.
Start with a party backdrop to set the scene. Use the best 3 colors you want to feature in your party and use these in the backdrop.
Girls love dressing up, so encourage guests to dress up where they can. It might be the perfect opportunity to wear their Princess dress or tea party dress.
Why not have a dress up station. You could provide some nail polish, make up and props and allow the girls to pamper each other. They could then take photos in a photo booth.
FOOD IDEAS GIRLS WILL LOVE
It is always nice to try and have themed food at a party where possible. But there are also other types of food that are just perfect to have at every girls party. Ideas include:
- Use pretty cookie cutters to create sandwiches or fairy bread. Think stars, flowers or butterflies.
- Chocolate popcorn is always a party favorite and it is super easy to make.
- Learn how to make marshmallow pops so you can use these at every party and switch the colors to suit your theme. The girls will adore them.
- Provide some pink lemonade. Girls will swoon over it and it looks pretty.
WHAT ARE SOME GAMES FOR A GIRLS PARTY?
It is a great idea to have games organized for your daughter’s birthday party. Why have games? There are a few reasons for this.
- Having games gives allows you to keep time of your party. Having a list of games you want to play keeps you on track. It also alleviates the stress on the day of trying to work out what to do with the children.
- Games ensures that ALL the children are involved. There is always going to be one child that doesn’t know anyone other than the birthday girl. The best way to get them connected is to start playing games.
- Free play is great, but structured games ensures that everyone enjoys themselves.
- Games are simply FUN.
There are lots of games that you can play. Old fashioned games are always a great starting point. For example:
- Pass the parcel
- Pin the tail on the donkey (or version changed according to your party theme)
- Chocolate cutting game
- Sleeping lions is perfect for preschoolers
- Musical statues
- Musical chairs
- Treasure hunts
- Under, Over (with a ball or balloon)
There are so many games that are suitable for different ages and different themes. Pick from the following to find some amazing games for your daughter’s party.
GIRLS PARTY FAVOR IDEAS
You may wish to provide party favors that directly link to your party theme. For example if having a princess party you could hand out princess stickers, wands, tiara’s etc.
There are however some party favors that are suitable for girls no matter what the theme. Thee include:
- Costume jewlery such as necklaces, rings and bracelets.
- Stationary sets or items of stationary. Girls just love these.
- Lollies. Regardless of age, kids love their lollies.
- Craft kits. This would be especially great for an art themed party, but is also suitable for any party theme.
- Stickers or tatoos.
- Keyrings, or bag charms.
- Small nail polish bottles or lip balms.
The girls would love these items and they would think their party bag is the best ever.
USE A PARTY PLANNING CHECKLIST
To ensure that you stay on track with your party planning, I recommend you download a checklist. This will help you stay in control of the entire process and ensure the party prep is a breeze.
There are so many party ideas for girls, you could literally search through them for a whole year. The key however is to find one that your daughter would love. If you are still struggling, sit down with her and discuss some options. She will soon tell you what she likes and what she doesn’t like.
And finally, remember that the party doesn’t have to be over the top fancy. Keep it simple and keep it fun. Your daughter will love it.
Looking for MORE GIRLS party ideas? Don’t forget to follow our girls only board on Pinterest.
Do you have a boys party coming up? Check out the party ideas for boys here.
Let’s stay in touch. Did you love these girls party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party, recipe and holiday ideas. You will also have access to a heap of free printable’s. See you there!