Hi, I’t’s Catherine here. I’m the name and the face behind the Smart Party Planning brand.
I’m also the girl that runs around after two gorgeous, but very hectic children in Adelaide, Australia.
I started Smart Party Planning as a way to focus my attention onto something else other than becoming a new mother. I wanted something that I could look forward to other than baby play dates and toddler tantrums.
Smart Party Planning was born as a creative outlet for me to escape into to help me feel like ‘me’ and not just a mom. It was also a way to help me explore easy activities, recipes and of course party ideas for my kids.
Fast forward a few years and that outlet has now become my full time job and my obsession. (Learn more about how you can start a mom blog here).
As a mom, I know how life can get super hectic running from one errand to the other and before you know it, there is a special occasion to plan for. Between holidays and birthday’s, it seems there is constantly something to prepare for. I want to help YOU with your busy schedule by having a one stop shop to go to where you can grab some easy inspiration to help plan a special occasion.
If it’s not easy, then it doesn’t belong here at Smart Party Planning. This is for real mom’s, with busy lives who are just trying their best.
As my schedule allows, I love to blog about easy recipes, boys and girls party ideas, crafts and of course I provide you with lots of free printable’s. There is always something going on throughout the year, so I like to give you specific ideas for the holidays too.
Above all, Smart Party Planning is about helping you make the most of life’s little moments in the easiest way possible.
There is a real trend on Pinterest right now that everything has to be the “biggest” and the “best” it can be. This can be quite overwhelming for us mom’s who are just trying to get through each day one at a time.
We don’t need to be competing with each other on who throws the biggest birthday party, or who can provide the fanciest lunch box snacks.
We should be supporting each other to get through this parenting ride in the easiest and most enjoyable manner possible.
As a mom, one of the things that makes us smile the most is when we see our kids happy. This can be from something as simple as a cheesy stick that they helped bake or a free printable lunch box note that was slipped into their school bag.
My goal: Is to provide you with PRACTICAL ways that you can keep those kids smiling whilst also keeping your sanity.
I am a busy mum and I understand that you are busy too. I know you don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, or the budget to splash out on a party planner.
If you want something simple and easy, but something that will also make an impression, then I will have something for you here.
A Little Bit About Me
I have a background in Social Work which is as far from party planning as you can get!
I am married with one gorgeous daughter and a mischief maker son, who make me smile (and cry) each and every day.
My friends say I am obsessed with party planning. I will start to plan months in advance all the little details so that on the day it’s just magical. (And I’m not just talking about the kids parties here).
But yes, I am a little over the top here, and that’s just how I roll. But I love it, and I love it when my vision comes to reality. It gives me a real buzz.
Want to know more? Here are 10 useless facts about me.
- I was born in the UK, but now live in Australia.
- I am obsessed with chocolate. Literally, obsessed!
- I hate coffee. I am always asking friends out on a coffee date, which in reality means a chai latte date.
- I love wine. I go on as many wine dates as chai latte dates.
- I can not sit still. It’s amazing I am able to blog at all really.
- I love to travel, wherever and whenever possible. This has become more difficult with 2 young children, but I get bored in one place for too long and I need to go and explore.
- I am now part of the 40 something club, but I act like I am in the 20 something club. Ok….maybe 30 something club. I’m not good with late night dancing anymore!
- I have an obsessive personality. If I find something that excites me I become obsessed with it, until something can replace it, then I become obsessed with that.
- Yes I am one of those Games of Thrones and Fear of The Walking Dead fans. How can you not be?
- I can’t swim! Ok, so I can stay afloat, but if I ever find myself out of my depth for more than a minute, I’m totally going to drown.
Meet my family
Here’s a little sneak peek of the obsessive parties that I plan. This was at my son’s monkey themed first birthday.
And this one was at my daughter’s 5th Pink Glittery Princess party (She was very precise with the theme that she wanted).
I have to admit that I am now loving the fact that I get to do parties for both boys and girls.
Use a Checklist To Make Planning YOUR Next Party Easy
Without a doubt, the easiest way to plan a party is to actually have a plan. Whilst throwing something together can work for some people, a plan will save you a lot of time and take away a whole heap of stress, and that is what we are aiming for.
A plan doesn’t however come easy to everyone, so to make this easy for YOU, I have created a party planning checklist. This checklist can be tailored to any party you wish to plan.
If you follow the checklist, then you can’t go wrong.
Simply download the checklist and use it over and over again with each and every party you hold.
Did I mention that it’s FREE?
Grab your copy now, you won’t regret it.
Plan The Perfect Party – An Easy How To Guide
My first big accomplishment with Smart Party Planning was writing my ebook “Planning The Perfect Party“. This is the easiest way to plan a party and one that is not going to blow your budget.
As mom’s we all want to plan those magical parties for our kids, but we don’t all have the skills or the money of Martha Stewart. Or maybe you do, but certainly not the mom’s I have come across.
That’s where this ebook comes in. It goes through all the things you need to think about, to leave you confident and in control of the entire planning process.
Smart Party Planning Shop
Whilst I give away a lot of really cool stuff in the free printable library, there is also a lot more really cool stuff in the shop.
The shop is filled with all kinds party printable’s including:
- Party Packs
- Cupcake toppers
- Chocolate bar wrappers
- Beer and wine labels
- Water Bottle Labels
- Gift Tags
Here is just a peek of what you will find inside.
Everything in the store lands in your email folder immediately after purchase.
Gift giving and party styling couldn’t be easier.
Smart Party Planning Reader Favorites
Not sure even where to start? How about checking out some of the reader favorites.
- The Most Amazing Banana Bread Recipe – For banana bread fans, you are going to LOVE this one.
- How To Make An Easy DIY Party Backdrop – This is my ‘go to’ backdrop for pretty much every party I organize now. It’s easy, it’s cheap and it looks amazing.
- How To Make Amazing Tissue Paper Decorations – Ensure party decoration is simple and budget friendly with these easy DIY decorations.
- How To Easily Make Plastic Tablecloth Decorations Look Amazing – Another example of how to create easy party decorations on a minimal budget.
- The Best Easy Flapjack Recipe You Will Love To Make With The Kids – This is baking with kids at it’s finest.
How are YOU feeling? Does this sound like the kind of gig you want to get behind?
However you would love to connect, I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and encouraging me to create. Enjoy your party planning, and I hope you will find yourself inspired.