This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Simple and easy cowgirl birthday party ideas that are easy to create at home. A cowgirl party is the perfect idea for little girls that love the idea of a Western theme party.
Whether it’s pretty and pink, vintage, shabby chic or Toy Story inspired, a cowgirl party is a fun party theme that all kids can enjoy.
Do you have a little cowgirl at home? A cowgirl birthday party is perfect for those little ones that love horses or the Wild West.
Invite all the girls friends to dress up in their jeans, boots and Western style shirts to set the mood for the party. It will help them to really interact with the fun theme.
How To Decorate For A Cowgirl Party
Whilst party decorations can be tailored and adapted to a specific spin of a party theme, there are some decorations that will still work perfectly regardless of how you interpret the theme.
Some great suggestions for a cowgirl birthday party include the following:
- Hang up some Wild West or “Wanted” posters.
- If you are able to grab some hay bales, this will instantly help set the scene. They are perfect for use for seating and game playing.
- Set up a party backdrop behind the food table. This helps to highlight the focus area of the party and is a great way to integrate the colors chosen for the party. If stuck for what colors to choose, red (or pink), white and brown or black would work perfectly for a girls party.
- Serve food on tin plates and silver metal pails.
- Have cowboy hats and bandana’s scattered around which can double up as party decor, but also be given to the kids for extra dress up.
Themed Cowgirl Party Ideas
The following parties will provide you with some inspiration for how to narrow down a theme for your cowgirl birthday party.
Use these ideas to make your party perfect and specific for your little girl.
1. Vintage Cowgirl Birthday Party
Source: Craftiness is not optional
This cowgirl party is super sweet and has all the little details you would expect from a cowgirl party. It is also a great example of how the straw hats and bandanas are given to the kids on arrival at the party.
The combination of a simple party set up, fun games and an even more fun photo booth help make this an awesome cowgirl party.
2. Toy Story Inspired Cowgirl Party
Source: Strawberry Mommy Cakes
Does your little girl love Toy Story? If so, this party would be an absolute hit for her.
It is bright and colourful and a whole lot of fun. The dessert table is certainly very impressive.
3. Jessie and Woody Cowgirl Party
Source: Beth Kruse
Following on from the Toy Story theme, there is this Jessie and Woody specific party.
This party has a lot of ideas to help keep the kids entertained during the party.
4. Pretty Cowgirl Party
Source: Home Made By Jill
Looking for something pretty and sweet? This party is the right one for you.
It has all the elements for a cowgirl party whilst also being feminine and pretty.
5. Sweet And Shabby Cowgirl Party
Source: Marigold Mom
This shabby chic cowgirl party is simply adorable. The cowgirl boots just say it all!
Everything in this party has been put together beautifully, and you have to take a peek at the cowboy and cowgirl photo props. They are awesome!
Cowgirl Party Games
Once you have decided what your party will actually look like, it is important to remember the games.
Kids of all ages love games and a party that is run with games is so much more fun for everyone than those parties where the kids are just left to mingle.
Some great ideas for cowgirl party games include:
- A sack race. This race will case a lot of laughs and kids young and old enjoy playing it.
- Instead of playing musical statues, have a bit of “Cotton Eyed Joe” playing and get the kids to show you their best cowgirl moves.
- If the kids love to sign, why not have a karaoke available.
- Let the kids have a team race with some stick ponies. If you buy one for each child then they can also double up as a party favor.
- Pin the tail on the donkey is an absolutely perfect game for young kids.
- A photo booth is always a lot of fun and it’s easy to obtain some Wild West props for extra fun.
These games will be great to get your party started. However there are a lot more Wild West party games if you need some more inspiration.
A cowgirl birthday party is certainly one that will be a lot of fun and enjoyed by girls and boys. Kids can really get into character of being in the Wild West and the party can be made as grungy or as pretty as you like.
Use these party ideas to create a cowgirl party that is perfect for you.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these cowgirl birthday party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party ideas including themes, decorations, recipes and more. You will also have access to the free printable library. See you there!