This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Easy cheesecake Snickers truffles recipe that will soon become a family favorite. The combination of Snickers, cream cheese, chocolate and biscuits will be a taste bud sensation.
Make these truffles from scratch from home to enjoy at any event.
Are you ready for a truffle recipe like no other? This amazing snickers truffles recipe by our blog contributor Annette will have you diving into the kitchen!
Snickers, cream cheese, vanilla extract, biscuits, butter and chocolate chips. Would you have any idea what you could do with these ingredients? Don’t think too hard.
Mmmm Snickers Cheesecake Truffles. Being the owner of Cheeky Cheesecakes of course I love cheesecakes, so I thought why not combine it with one of my favorite chocolates the Snickers bar.
For something quick try this yummy snickers truffles recipe.
This snickers truffles recipe is so easy to prepare, that all in all it should take you about 15 minutes.
But, you have to count in that the mix has to get cold and harden in the fridge for a few hours. While that’s happening eat some extra snickers they really satisfy!
I hope you’re ready to get your hands dirty, because this recipe really works best with some serious hands on action. So wash ‘em well.
How To Make Snickers Truffles From Scratch
Step 1: Start by placing butter and 12 Snickers fun size bars into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Be sure to keep the heat low to allow time for sufficient melting without scorching the snickers.
By the time you complete the rest of the recipe, the snickers will have melted.
Step 2: Place the Nice biscuits into a large bag. Push out the air and seal the bag.
Use a rolling pin or your preferred crushing object. Crush biscuits to fine crumbs.
Tip: If you don’t have nice biscuits where you live you can substitute for any sweet plain biscuit.
Step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, biscuits and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly to create a uniform truffle dough.
Step 4: Add the melted Snickers and stir to combine.
Step 5: Chop the second bag Snickers fun size bars into quarters. (Keeping 7 aside).
Step 6: Mix the chopped Snickers into the truffle dough.
Step 7: Refrigerate the dough for a few minutes whilst you prepare the snickers truffle coating.
Step 8: Slice 7 snickers fun size left aside into slices (thirds).
Step 9: Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.
Step 10: To make the truffles themselves, use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to portion out the cake into generous balls. Then use your specialized cake-ball-rounding-baking instrument to form them into perfect circles.
Just kidding! We’re using our hands again!
Step 11: Roll the cake balls between your hands to get them fairly round, then place them on a foil or waxed paper. This allowed me to shape 21 truffle centers, 20 of which actually survived to be dipped.
How Long Do Homemade Truffles Last?
What is even more important is that not one of the truffles I made stayed around long. My girls couldn’t wait to try them, once they did it didn’t take long for them to disappear. They definitely didn’t last long.
The last couple left were demolished by my husband “how good are these” he said while munching on them
Leave them on display and uncovered at your party. Just chill again if they get to room temp. But I bet they won’t last long enough for that.
However, if you are not eating them right away, you can store these truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
And of course, you can use this recipe as a jumping-off point. Experiment with different cake flavors, and different toppings.
This is a super-flexible, super-easy recipe.
Cheesecake Snickers Truffles Recipe
- 2 (7 oz) bags of Snickers fun size bars
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 9 Nice biscuits
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz bag) Milk chocolate chips
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- Place butter and 25 Snickers bites into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Be sure to keep the heat low to allow time for sufficient melting without scorching the bars. By the time you complete the rest of the recipe, the snickers will have melted.
- Place the Nice biscuits into a large ziptop bag. Push out the air and seal the bag.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the crackers and reduce them to fine crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, biscuits ,and vanilla paste.
- Mix thoroughly to create a uniform truffle dough.
- Add the melted Snickers.
- Stir to combine
- Chop the rest of the Snickers Bites remaining in the 7 oz bag you took the first 25 from. Chop them into quarters.
- Mix the chopped Snickers into the truffle dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for a few minutes, while you prepare to make the truffle coating.
- Open the second bag of Snickers Bites and slice 7 of the bites into slices.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.
- Remove truffle dough from the refrigerator and form into uniformly-sized balls. Roll the cake balls between your hands to get them fairly round, then place them on a foil or waxed paper. This will shape 21 truffle centers.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a tray.
- Arrange the truffle balls on the tray and place in the freezer or refrigerator, to chill, while you melt the chocolate chips.
- Melt the chocolate chips in your microwave. Use full power for 1 minute and 45 seconds to get the right consistency for dipping the truffles. Check the chips every 15 seconds and stir until you get a nice creamy dip.
- Remove the truffle centers from the fridge and one-by-one, use a fork to dip and turn them in the chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall through the tines of the fork.
- Place the coated truffles back on the parchment and arrange one slice of the Snickers bites atop each one.
- Sprinkle each truffle with a few flakes of the sea salt.
- Refrigerate to allow them time to set up.
- Serve chilled.
This is the kind of recipe that once you make it, you will be making it over and over again.
These snickers truffles are great for parties, for special occasions and just for indulging at night whilst watching your favorite movie.
Do you have a favorite truffle recipe or tips?
It would be great to hear from you. You are more than welcome to leave comments below.
I’ll have some more great desserts up next month. In the meantime, enjoy your month, and eat some dessert!
Need some more recipe ideas? Check out our entire range of party food ideas that are perfect for the kids and adults too. There are plenty of homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate popcorn and other delicious recipes that guests will all love.
Cheek Kiss xx