This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Selection of shark birthday party ideas that are suitable for kids of all ages. Combining under the sea, pool and beach party ideas can easily create a shark party that the kids are going to love.
Use simple party decoration and fun themed food for a fin-tastic party.Related articles:
A shark birthday party might not be the first thought for a party theme for your child, but it will definitely be one that the kids will remember.
For those that love the sea, this will be a fun and unique party theme.
Filling the party with lots of shark teeth and fins, combined with beach styled decorations, this is a party that you know the kids are going to find a lot of fun.
Shark Party Decoration Ideas
There are a few ways that you could tackle the decoration for a shark party. You could either just stick to the sharks and the sea, or you could incorporate a whole under the sea theme feel.
The first thing that you want to do is coordinate a party backdrop. This will help set the scene and form the basis of colors for your party. A backdrop that contains a few shades of blue and green would look stunning and act as the sea.
From there you can really go to town as much as you like with regards to decor. Some ideas include:
- Adding whole sharks or shark fins
- Include other under the sea animals to create a whole ocean vibe
- Add boats or surf boards as props
- Serve food in tin’s
- Create sand on the food table with graham crackers and place fish nets across the table
- Make a shark hat to give out to the kids when they arrive
Shark Birthday Party Food Ideas
Incorporating themed food to a party is always a lot of fun. This could be as simple as creating a few shark cupcakes or really catering the whole food table with the theme.
Some ideas of food to serve include:
- Jello. Kids love jello, so this is an easy treat to serve. Serve either as blue jello or make it with a candy shark in the jello.
- Using a watermelon, create a shark head and jaws and fill with different fruit.
- Turn some donuts into life preserve donuts.
- Make some chocolate popcorn and decorate the top of it with candy sharks.
- Marshmallow pops are always a party favorite with the kids, and turning them into shark pops is really simple.
- Create some shark cookies with a shark cookie cutter.
Whether you choose to add just a few shark themed items to the food table or create a table full of shark fun, the kids will enjoy the extra special and fun touch.
5 Real Examples Of Shark Birthday Party Ideas
Shark & Scuba Birthday Party
Source: Hostess with the Mostess
This shark birthday party is certainly a lot of fun. It combines the adrenaline rush of scuba diving with the sharks!
The party has been decorated perfectly including the shark, diver and warning signs.
The scuba tanks for the kids are also very cool!
Shark Pool Party
Source: House of Rose
If you have a pool, then a shark party is a great theme to chose to change up the pool party.
This is such a relaxed party, but the simple decorations and food look amazing.
Source: Polka Dots & Pirates
This shark birthday party has a huge amount of ideas that you can take on board for your own party.
The birthday cake is a great example of how a simple cake can look really amazing. It works perfectly.
Also check out the party favors, a squirting shark which is perfect for this occasion and suitable for kids of all ages. A definite plus!
Simple Shark Party
Source: Froggy & The Mouse
A party doesn’t need to be elaborate to be amazing, and this party is a perfect example of that.
I just adore the watermelon shark, it looks amazing on the food table.
The cutlery holder is also a fun element to have. It’s practical, but it also fits into the theme perfectly.
30th Birthday Shark Party
Source: The Party Press
Who said themed parties were just for kids?
This shark party was held for a 30th birthday, but still features lots of ideas that can be used at your kids parties.
It’s also a super pretty party. I bet you didn’t think shark and pretty could work in the same sentence!
Shark Birthday Party Games
Kids love to play games at parties, so it is always a good idea to have a few party games ready to play. You might not use all the games, but it’s better to have more than you need so you don’t worry about how to fill the time and occupy the kids.
There are always a few games that are awesome to play regardless of the party. These are pass the parcel and musical statues.
Pass the parcel can easily be tailored to the theme by having a shark as a prize.
Musical statues could be changed to swim like a shark for some added fun.
Other games to play could include:
- Cross the shark infected waters. Place a thin long piece of wood or balancing bar on the ground and have the children walk and balance over the beam.
- Pin the fin on the shark (like pin the tail on the donkey).
- Create a sharks head with his mouth wide open. Have the children throw bean bags into his open mouth.
- Have the children create some shark masks with paper plates.
- Play shark attack. Have one of two children as the sharks. Line the other children up and have them run across to the other side of the garden. The sharks try to tag the children as they run past. The last child left running is the winner.
Use these shark birthday party ideas to create a party that is perfect for your child. Incorporate different ideas that will ensure your party is unique fills the vision you have in mind.
A shark party will definitely be fun, and something different to the norm. If your child love’s shark’s, this party theme will be an absolute winner.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these shark birthday party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept updated with other easy party, recipe, decoration ideas and more.