This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Make a delicious raspberry ice cream stack with chilli chocolate sauce. This homemade recipe is created with a crunchy biscuit base, sweet raspberry swirl ice cream and topped warm chilli chocolate sauce.
This is a decadent dessert for a special evening.
This raspberry ice cream stack recipe is brought to us by our blog contributor Kirsten from Treat Yourself Sweeter. It’s the perfect dessert for someone special on Valentine’s day or anytime to make them feel appreciated.
Looking for something quick & decadent for Valentine’s Day dessert?
Raspberry Ice Cream Stack with Chilli Chocolate Sauce is the perfect cure!
Did you know you have exactly 4 weeks to start preparing for Valentines day? Oh my gosh, where have my summer holidays gone?
If you are anything like me, you need time to prepare for these things.
Plenty of time.
I became a cynical hardened adult, I saw it as a time to remind me to shop again (as if I needed any encouragement) after the Christmas rush and before the Easter egg feast!
There came a lovely February 14th, about 3 weeks after I had moved out of home and to the city to live with my cousin.
I was home sick, finding my way in the world.
My gorgeous cousin was a saviour, in many, many different ways, but that Valentine’s morning she left a card and beautiful flower in my room before she left for work saying how much she loved me and valued our friendship.
It. Made. My. Week.
I felt so appreciated and loved. Valentine’s day is not just for partners.
I say that we don’t celebrate Valentine’s day in our home every year, but every year we at least do something nice.
Dinner, movie and of course some sweet snacks.
And I never say no to flowers!
For me, Valentine’s day falls right when I head back to work. I need quick, minimal fuss projects or nothing at all happens!
So here is a quick dessert that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and only uses 7 ingredients.
Did I mention that it’s decadently delicious!
The Perfect Raspberry Ice Cream Stack For A Special Dessert
This is the kind of dessert that will have you drooling even whilst preparing it.
The hardest part will be waiting for the ice cream to freeze. How much patience do you have?
- 4 chocolate biscuits (such as Chocolate Ripple biscuits)
- 160 grams good quality vanilla ice cream (3-4 large scoops)
- 125 grams fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 90 grams dark (or milk) chocolate - roughly broken up into small pieces
- pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- Start by preparing the ice cream.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to almost completely melt.
- Meanwhile, blend the raspberries until they form a smooth consistency. Mix the raspberries through the melted ice cream and gently swirl. Place back in the freezer to freeze.
- Just before serving:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Place four biscuits in cupcake pan.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes to allow biscuits to soften. Carefully remove and mould into a rounded base shape (like a basket). Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the cream and butter in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once at the boil, pour directly over the chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add a pinch of chilli powder if desired.
- To assemble:
- Stack 2 biscuits on top of each other.
- Place the ice cream in the biscuit basket and drizzle with chilli chocolate sauce.
- The biscuits, ice cream and sauce can be made ahead of time. Store the biscuits in an air tight container, ice cream in the freezer and chocolate sauce in a covered container in the fridge. Reheat the chocolate sauce just before assembling.
Did you love this raspberry ice cream stack? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy recipe ideas. You will also be updated with easy party and decor ideas, PLUS have access to a ton of free printable’s in the subscriber only library.