This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Learn how to make the most delicious cookies n cream ice cream cake. This easy recipe is perfect to use as a birthday cake or for impressing at a dinner party. Alternatively why not just make and indulge for yourself!
This is the best recipe for satisfying those chocolate cravings. A dense mud cake base, a thin layer of rich chocolate ganache and topped with a creamy cookies n cream ice cream makes this a 3 layered killer dessert.
This delicious cookies n cream ice cream cake recipe is courtesy of our blog contributor Kirsten from Treat Yourself Sweeter.
“Summer… Sun… Weekend… Party…Comfort Food”
Can you hear this dessert whispering in your ear?
This cake has to be the ultimate fix for ‘I have worked so hard this week’, or ‘this has been a shocking week (or day!)’.
Let this little decadent delight brighten your day.
I am not ashamed to say that this cookies n cream ice cream cake regularly lives (for short periods of time… before it is devoured) in my freezer.
On those days, Saturday night movie munchies or when you just feel like impressing last minute visitors with a ‘this is something I just whipped up’, this is the baby for you.
3 layers- oh yeah, that’s right. Count ‘em, three layers of pure deliciousness.
A sweet mud cake base, a layer of rich chocolate ganache and topped with the easiest, creamy cookies and cream ice cream.
This cake, like most good recipes, was born out of, ‘I have a bit of this, a bit of that and I need to use that, yep, I can make something from this’.
As a nocturnal cake maker with my business, when creating carved cakes, I often am left with scraps of cake that I am not sure what to do with.
There is only so much cake you can eat. I think ‘Death by Chocolate’ may actually be legit.
I know a lot of people are thinking, left over cake- are you serious?
My family devours it before it gets past day two.
I get that. Save some, make a double batch or take advantage of the older cake sales at the bakery.
This is perfect to use up that cake that is not so fresh anymore.
Now a-days it is so easy to pick up pre made mud cakes at the supermarket or, even better you could experiment with different flavoured left over cake you have at home.
Hmm. I just got some new ideas. Banana caramel ice cream cake anyone?!
Cookies N Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 500 grams chocolate mud cake
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 90 mls cream
- 140 grams dark chocolate- roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large teaspoon golden syrup
- Cookies n Cream Ice Cream:
- 600 ml cream
- 395 gram tin of Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams of plain, chocolate biscuits (Oreo’s or Chocolate Ripple biscuits)- roughly crushed
- Roughly break the cake into pieces and place in a food processor with the apple juice. Use the pulse motion until the cake has broken up and combined with the apple juice to form a wet mixture.
- Line a large square cake tin (9-10 inches) with baking paper and place the mixture on the bottom of the tin. Use the back of a spoon to push down on the mixture to ensure that it is firmly packed into the tin.
- Ganache layer:
- Place the dark chocolate in a medium bowl and place aside.
- Put the cream, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and place over a low heat on the stove. Heat until the butter is melted and the cream begins to boil.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and leave for 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour over the cake base and set aside.
- Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream:
- Place cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a medium – large bowl. Beat with an electric beater until the mixture is well mixed and has thickened.
- Pour the mixture over the ganache layer and place the cake in the freezer over night or until it has set.
- Cut into serving sizes and store in an air tight container in the freezer
Do you have a favourite recipe or tip to use up left over cake? Or perhaps a favourite ice cream cake combo?
I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below!
Need some more recipe ideas? Check out our entire range of party food ideas that are perfect for the kids and adults too. There are plenty of homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate popcorn and other delicious recipes that guests will all love.
Love this cookies n cream ice cream cake recipe? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept updated with other awesome recipe ideas. You will also be updated with party, decoration and printable ideas, including access to the subscriber only free printable library.