This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Easy and fun pool party ideas for kids that they will love. This is the perfect birthday party theme for a hot summers day. With easy decoration and food, this is an easy party that anyone can recreate provide there is a pool in the backyard!
Summer parties are a lot of fun. If you have a pool in your backyard then suddenly you have the perfect birthday party theme at your finger tips.
How To Have A Fun Pool Party
Preparing for a pool party is actually really easy, and the pool party ideas that follow will give you a lot of inspiration to get your party up and running in no time at all.
As a general rule, the pool is your main feature so you don’t need to spend a lot of time trying to create an added theme. Keep it simple and the kids will have a blast.
Think about the following;
- Have an area where the kids can place their towels.
- Ensure some fun pool floats are already in the pool. This creates extra play and looks fun when the kids first see the pool.
- Have a playlist of music ready to go. Pool fun and music go so well together, so set the vibe before the kids even arrive.
- Always have lots of food for a kids party. They will enjoy the snacking just as much as they will enjoy the pool fun.
- Have some fun drinks on hand, display them in a bucket to keep in with the theme.
- Ensure you have sunscreen on hand. Not all parents might remember to put sunscreen on the kids before their arrive, so it’s good to have some just in case. It’s also good for a top up if the party lasts for a few hours.
5 Awesome Pool Party Ideas
Narrowing down exactly how you would like your pool party to look is the next thing on your agenda. These specific pool party ideas will help put some images in your mind that you could try and recreate. All the ideas are simple to do but all will give your party a slightly different vibe.
1. Budget Friendly Pool Party
Source: The Sweetest Occasion.
Budget friendly and kids parties are two words that work well together. Things don’t always have to be fancy to be great, and this party is a great example of that.
This party is simple and something that anyone can put together. Simplicity can often be some of the most spectacular parties, and this idea really shows how it is done!
2. Retro Style Pool Party
Source: Sweet Style Blog
If you would like a relaxed, holiday vibe party, then this retro style pool party ticks all the box’s. Check out the photo booth for some added fun.
Whilst this party is pretty pink, it could easily be styled for the boys too by switching the pink to another color.
3. Colorful Pool Party
Source: Crissy’s Crafts
This party is colorful and entertaining. It would certainly make the kids’s faces light up and just screams summer fun. Both boys and girls would love this playful design.
4. Calming Blues Pool Party
Source: Spaceships And Lazerbeams
This party looks perfect with it’s matching greens and blues. The attention to detail is outstanding and I love how the logo “lets make a splash for Fletcher” was incorporated into the table backdrop, cookies, favors and invites.
5. Twins Pool Party Ideas
Source: Cake Events Blog
Pool parties are perfect for both boys and girls which also makes it an awesome party ideas for twins. This party shows exactly how to do that easily.
What Do You Do At A Pool Party?
Whilst it is great to have the pool as a central theme, there are other things that you can do to ensure that all the kids are engaged at the party.
- VOLLEYBALL: If you have several kids at the party, it would be a lot of fun to have a volleyball game. Divide the pool with a net and split the kids into 2 teams. Now watch as they create a lot of fun.
- WATER BALLOON GAMES: Kids big and small love water balloons. This can be played in or out of the pool, but it’s some added water fun you know the kids are going to love.
- WATER GUNS: Again split the kids into two teams and let them have a water fight. The pool is the perfect location for them to recharge their water guns.
A pool party is a great way to keep the kids engaged and happy for a hot summer’s birthday party. Add a few fun decorations, pool inflatables and food to ensure that the kids have a great time.Let’s stay in touch. Did you love these pool party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party ideas, including ideas for food, decorations and more.