This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
The best mint chocolate chip cookies that are soft and chewy on the inside and cripsy on the outside. This is an easy recipe that is perfect for Christmas and a great way to use up the candy canes.
What’s better than the fresh smell of cookies straight out the oven? Eating those cookies!Related articles:
- The Most Amazing White Chocolate Peppermint Slice
- How To Make Amazing Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies
- Easy Shortbread Cookies That Will Be A Family Favorite
It is beginning to look a little too much like Christmas, a little too fast!
Oh my gosh, where has the year gone? Seriously?
Before I knew it, it was December. I don’t think I really realized how close we were to Christmas until the mountains of candy canes came streaming into school (work).
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Are The Answer To An Overload of Candy Canes
It is at that stage where they are still a novelty factor, you know- every single card has a candy cane attached, or is that just at my work?
Now, I have to say – that is not on MY cards, but the cards the kidlets are giving each other. It is like some of the kids now have a candy cane permanently attached to their hands, or to their mouths.
Can you say sugar rush? Hypo? Crazy….?
My time will come; the kids are so generous and they love sharing the magic of Christmas with candy canes. I just can’t eat 30 of them!
Sorry, I could try… but what about all the other Christmas goodies I wouldn’t have room for?
Do you have the same problem?
You end up with SO many candy canes, but you don’t want to throw them out? It seems so wasteful, I know- I can’t throw them out.
So, I have a solution for you. A good one.
It is one of those occasions where the end product is SO much better than the initial ingredient.
Sure, you could make a candy cane bark, but I have something much better for you.
That something comes in the form of cookies. Mint chocolate chip cookies to be precise.
Chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies Recipe
You can thank me later for this. Seriously you will never eat a candy cane again without thinking of these delicious chewy cookies.
This is a perfect way to use up some of those candy canes, and trust me- a much better gift!
P.S… these mint chocolate chip cookies love to be dunked in milk… YUM!
And no, that’s not just for the kids!
Mint Choc Chip Christmas Cookies
Crispy on the outside, cakey on the inside; with choc chips and a sweet choc mint flavour, they are sure to become a hit that Santa will love on Christmas night!
- 125 grams butter (soft)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour – sifted
- 1/2 cup self raising flour – sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder –sifted
- 1/2 cup milk choc chip bits
- 65 grams peppermint candy canes – finely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, add the butter and beat until it has begun to become creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until combined.
- Add the plain flour, self raising flour and cocoa and fold gently into the mixture until it is all mixed in.
- Add the choc chips and crushed candy canes. Stir again until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a large teaspoon of mixture, form round balls and place on a lined baking tray, leaving enough room for the cookies to spread. Slightly push the balls down with your hand.
- Cook for 10- 15 minutes. The tops should be slightly cracked and any candy cane pieces melted.
- Leave them to cool on the tray to harden before moving to a wire rack to continue cooling. Store in an airtight container.
Treat Yourself Sweeter wishes you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season full of love, laughter and beautiful memories.
I look forward to connecting with you in 2015 (oh my gosh…! 2015…!)Do you have a favorite recipe to use up excess ingredients or left overs during the Christmas season? Drop a line below, I’d love to hear from you.
Let’s stay in touch. Do you love the easy mint chocolate chip cookies? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept update with other easy recipe and party ideas. You will also have access to a ton of free printables!
Yum! These sound and look so tasty. I love mint chocolate chip. I’ll definitely have to try!
Catherine Holt says
Mint and chocolate work perfectly together don’t they Tricia. Kirsten certainly knows how to make the mouth water with these cookies. I hope you enjoy them 🙂
Kirsten Burrows says
They really are Tricia. I am not a fan of candy canes, but love these cookies! Still haven’t figured out how to stop at one 😉 Christmas is the best foodie season!
Simple Hacks Living says
Nice recipe! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!
Catherine Holt says
Hope you enjoy them 🙂