This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Love a good iced tea recipe? Learn how to make the most refreshing iced green tea you have ever tasted. Look no further for the BEST iced tea recipe, perfectly infused for the most relaxing summer drink.
It tastes amazing, it’s healthy and it’s a recipe that you can easily replicate at home. This is a recipe you will LOVE.Related articles:
On a hot summer’s day, there is nothing I like more than to completely relax with a cool refreshing drink. Iced green tea certainly makes the perfect drink for the occasion.
But this is not just any iced green tea recipe. Oh no! This one is infused with delicious strawberries and a hint of mint.
Oh, did I mention that it’s totally delicious and incredibly refreshing?
Summer has a way of making people smile, and it’s hardly surprising when you can feel that warm sunshine beating down on you. Somehow everything seems to look happier and it’s definitely a time to be reaching for those summer fruits.
I don’t know about you, but there is something about sliced strawberries that just makes me smile. I don’t know if it’s the vibrancy in the colour, or just the fact that they taste so damn good, but I certainly gobble as many as I can over the summer period.
We love drinking tea in our house. We love to try all variations of herbal teas, but it’s still fun to play around with the flavors.
This iced green tea not only tastes delicious, but it’s refreshing for summer and it’s a healthy drink to consume too.
Is Green Tea Really Healthy For You?
There are many health benefits of drinking green tea. Be sure to check which brand of tea you drink though as some herbal teas can be heavily loaded with sugars, which you definitely want to avoid.
Health benefits suggested include:
- Improves blood circulation
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps prevent high blood pressure
- Aids healthy cells in their growth
- Can help you relax!
Green tea contains a natural chemical called theanine which helps to produce a calming effect. So if nothing else, being calm and relaxed is a fantastic bonus of drinking green tea.
What we do also know about green tea is that it is loaded with antioxidants which is great for you!
Combine that with the infusion of strawberries and mint into an iced tea and you have a winning relaxing simmer drink!
Is Green Tea Good For Weight Loss?
This is a question that people often ask about green tea.
Whilst some studies have shown that green tea can help in the process of weight loss, other studies have shown that there is no benefit.
So I’d recommend that you drink this iced green tea because it tastes amazing and NOT because you think it will help you loose weight.
It’s certainly going to be better for you than drinking a cocktail of a high laden sugar drink, so it’s definitely on the right track for a healthy drink of choice.
How To Make A Batch Of Iced Green Tea For Your Next Garden Session
This iced green tea is going to be p for your summer sessions in the yard.
This strawberry infused green tea is quick and easy to make in just a few simple steps.
- Use 4 tea bags in 500ml of water that has slightly cooled after boiling. Boiling water actually interferes with the healthy chemicals in the tea so this is something you want to avoid!
- Leave the tea bags in the water until cool.
- Add strawberries and mint to begin the infusion process and place in the fridge.
- The longer you leave the tea the stronger the infusion becomes.
- 500ml of Water
- 2 Green Tea Teabags
- 6-8 Strawberries
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- Sugar (optional)
- Boil 500ml of water and add to a heat proof pitcher.
- Allow the water to cool slightly before adding the tea bags.
- Add 4 green tea teabags
- Leave the tea bags in the water for approximately 3 minutes. Leaving in longer can produce a bitter taste.
- Add some sugar if you would prefer a sweeter taste.
- Chop 6-8 strawberries in half
- Wash a handful of mint leaves (enough to cover the top of the jug)
- Remove the tea bags and replace with the chopped strawberries and mint
- Place in the fridge to cool completely
- The iced green tea will be ready to drink once the water feels cold. The longer it is left, the stronger infusion will be tasted. Leaving overnight is also possible.
Summer for me here in Australia is around Christmas time, and I made a HUGE batch on Christmas eve so that it was ready for Christmas day.
As my daughter was opening her presents from Santa, hubby and I sat down to an awesome refreshing iced green tea which had been infusing with the mint all night long.
I can tell you, we may have woken up a bit weary, but it soon perked us up. It was so incredibly refreshing and it was an awesome way to start the day.
If you are looking for the perfect refreshing drink this summer, then a glass of iced green tea is certainly a great option.
You can be rest assured that it is a healthy drink that you can enjoy without compromising on flavor.
It is ultra refreshing and perfect to relax with on a hot summer’s day.
Let’s keep in touch. Do you love this strawberry infused iced green tea recipe? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy recipes. You will also be updated with easy party, decoration and printable ideas. See you there!