This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
This pumpkin hummus recipe is incredibly refreshing and is perfect as a simple appetizer. Alternatively if you are looking for a lovely afternoon snack with a glass of wine, this dip will hit the spot!
It is easy to make, takes no time at all and is soooo delicious.
- Amazing Pumpkin Dip Recipes You’ll Want To Make Right Now
- The Most Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Recipe
To accompany the dip, we made some wholemeal wrap chips. As it’s Easter we made them into cute Easter shapes, purely for fun!
You could make them into whatever shape you please, or you could leave them just as normal strips of course!
We decided to bake the wholemeal wraps to turn them into crunchy chips.
This worked perfectly and the awesome crunch of the wrap was a fabulous contrast to the pumpkin hummus dip.
The baked wraps also gave a nice alternative than just having normal crackers.
To make them into chips, we cut out the shapes before popping them into the oven. We chose our Easter cookie cutters to do the job to create some Easter chicks and eggs.
The cutting of the shapes was probably harder than making the pumpkin dip!
The wrap didn’t always want to cut, but a bit of wiggling of the cutter on the wrap did the trick nicely!
Once you have your chips sorted, you can sit back and enjoy!
To make this pumpkin hummus dip, simply follow the recipe below. Remember to print it off so you can use it again later!
Pumpkin Hummus Dip Recipe
- 400g pumpkin puree
- 400g tinned chickpeas
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wholemeal wraps to use as dips
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces, then boil or steam until soft.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor (except the wholemeal wraps).
- Process all the ingredients until smooth.
- Once smooth, serve and enjoy!
- To make the wholemeal wraps into chips. Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 350F and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Check regularly to ensure they don't burn and turn over half way through cooking.
It’s an incredibly simple recipe isn’t it! In literally no time at all, you could also be tucking into this delicious pumpkin hummus.
Pretty delicious don’t you think?
Need some more recipe ideas? Check out our entire range of party food ideas that are perfect for the kids and adults too. There are plenty of homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate popcorn and other delicious recipes that guests will all love.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love this pumpkin hummus dip? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be updated with other easy recipes. You will also be updated with easy party, decoration and printable ideas. See you there!