This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Easy Robot party ideas that the kids will love for their birthday. With simple decor, cool themed food and fun activities, this is a party theme that will delight the young and old.
Robot Party Decoration
It doesn’t matter what type of party you have, it is always a good idea to have some sort of decoration. It’s the decoration that makes the kids go “wow” as they enter the room.
Decorations can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. As a good starting point, I always recommend a good DIY party backdrop and some balloons. This gives an instant color boost, a vibe to the party and all the other little details can complement from there.
Try picking just 3 colors to use in your party decor, and gather all your other materials to match.
The great thing about robots is that they are super easy to make yourself. Leading up to the party collect some box’s and cover them with colored wrapping paper. Cut out some facial features to stick on the box’s and you suddenly have instant robots. It’s a really easy budget friendly way to provide instant themed decor. Make up several robots of different sizes and scatter them around the area.
Another easy way to make your own robots is to use tin cans. Add facial features just like the box’s and you could add some pipe cleaners for arms if you wished. These cans can be added to your food table to hold cutlery or food items.
Some other easy robot party decoration ideas include:
- Use a shiny tablecloth
- If your child has any robot toys, scatter those around the food table and party area.
- Create control panels on doors. Cover with paper and stick various lids on to create the buttons.
Complete Robot Party Set Up’s
To give an idea of how your completed party could look, take a peek at these real life parties. It will help to inspire you to put your final ideas together.
1. Bright & Energetic Robot Party
Source: Chenin Boutwell.
This robot party looks a whole lot of fun. It is bright, energetic and the robots are incorporated into all the party decoration. I love how this has been put together, and it looks to have been the perfect party for a cheeky little one year old!
2. Baby Shower Robot Party
Source: JL Designs
This robot party is a mix between space invaders and robots and it is so incredibly clever. I love the incorporation of the two designs and I love all the small robot bites. This is a robot party with style and one you would definitely want to attend!
3. Bold & Striking Robot Party
Source: Etincelle Creative Studio
The color scheme of this robot party is really striking. The bright orange really jumps out at you. With an amazing robot cake as the table centerpiece, this table is really inviting.
4. Budget Friendly Robot Party
Source: Yay I Made It
This robot party has all the basics you need, yet also looks amazing. If you are interested in making your own cake and adorable little robot favors then there is a great little tutorial here for you.
5. Fun Robot Party
Every detail in this party is amazing and you will get lots of ideas for invitations, decorations, printable’s and food. I especially love the cardboard robots standing each side of the food table. They look so incredibly effective.
Robot Party Food Ideas
Having themed food gives the party a little bit of extra fun. Some food ideas for your robot party include;
- Have a mix of pretzels, crackers and various cereals to make “nuts and bolts”.
- Simply name common party food with robot names, such as chips become “computer chips”.
- Turn juice box’s into robots by adding facial features.
- Creating robot cupcakes by adding marshmallow to the top of the cupcake. Add facial features to the marshmallow to turn it into a head.
- Create marshmallow robot pops.
- Make some robot cookies.
- Serve food in various size shiny aluminium trays. You could even set out these trays to resemble the shape of a robot.
- And of course you will need to have a robot birthday cake that you can easily make.
Robot Party Games & Activities
It’s no secret that a party wouldn’t be a party without some kind of game or activity. Kids love the good old faithful games like pass the parcel, but sometimes it’s nice to throw in a few games that match the theme of the party too. Sometimes you can even change the well known game to easily fit the theme. Some robot party game ideas might include:
- Pin the eye on the robot.
- Robot says. Similar to Simon says but instead of saying Simon, simply say Robot.
- Let the kids be creative and make their own robot mask.
- Create a couple of robot heads out of large box’s. Divide the kids into two teams and have a robot head race. The kids have to do a relay race and they swap the robot head as part of the relay.
- Have a photo booth with some robot props.
- Have some Lego available and let the kids build their own robots. This could be an organised activity or an activity that is available for the kids to do whilst they are waiting for everyone to arrive.
A robot party is definitely going to be one that will provide a lot of fun for the kids. Use some bright colors to draw interest and add simple decoration to give the full effect. The party games will ensure that the kids are fully entertained and the party runs smoothly.
Use some or all of these robot party ideas to create a party that the kids won’t stop talking about!
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these robot birthday party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party, decoration and recipe ideas. You will also have access to the subscriber library of free printable’s. See you there.
Leave a Reply