This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Learn how to make easy Halloween spider cookies with just a few simple ingredients. This is the easiest Halloween recipe that the kids are going to love.
Perfect for Halloween parties, or for indulging at home. This is peanut butter and chocolate goodness turned into a spooky but also cute Halloween treat.
- 18 of The Best Halloween Chocolate Treats of All Time
- 10 of The Best Super Easy Halloween Candy Bark Recipes
If you are looking for an adorable treat to make with the kids over Halloween, then these spider cookies should be on the top of your list.
A simple, fun and delicious recipe shared with us by Nina over at Baby Shower Ideas 4U.
These are the kind of creepy Halloween treats that are also so darn cute that the kids are going to be fighting over them.
If you have been asked to make something to take to a Halloween party then these quick and easy cookies are going to be the perfect choice.
The delicious soft cookie base topped with the chocolate spider will have your taste buds dancing. They will be a sure hit with both the kids and the adults.
Even if you arn’t a fan of spiders (which I definitely am not), there is no denying that these little cookies would be appealing.
With their giant googly eyes they are more of the adorable rather than the scary type of spider.
How To Make Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
Whilst you could use store bought cookies, you won’t regret spending the extra few minutes to make your own. These peanut butter cookies will literally melt in your mouth.
The cookies can be made in 4 simple steps.
- Mix together the sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and baking powder to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
How To Decorate The Spider Cookies
Once the cookies have cooled, lay all the decoration ingredients out so that they are easy to hand when you want to add them to the cookies.
- Melt some chocolate and place in a piping bag. Pipe some chocolate onto the middle of the cookie and then attach the chocolate balls. The chocolate acts as a glue, but the tasty kind of glue!
- Place two spots of melted chocolate onto the front of the ball and attach the candy eyes.
- Pipe the spider legs coming out from the chocolate balls to the sides of the cookie.
Print Your Halloween Spider Cookie Recipe
- For the Cookies
- ¾ Cup Coconut sugar
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ Cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- For the Cookie Toppings
- 1 Cup Chocolate almonds OR whopper balls
- 1/3 Cup candy eyes
- Melting chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 c). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, add the sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg. Mix ingredients well using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and baking powder until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on the lined cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are brown.
- Whilst warm, use a small spoon and indent the middle. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled, pipe some chocolate dots in the middle of the cookie and stick the chocolate balls in.
- Stick the candy eyes onto the front of the balls using some piped chocolate.
- Pipe some legs coming out of the spider body.
These spider cookies are a great Halloween treat for the kids to make.
The kids will love creating the spiders and of course they will definitely enjoy eating them afterwards.
What do you think. Are they cute or creepy?
Need more ideas for Halloween? Check out the best easy Halloween party ideas. You will have a ton of inspiration for different themes, food, decorations and more.
And for more amazing recipes, check out these easy party food ideas. You will find the perfect recipe for Halloween and other holidays, plus lots more easy recipes that the kids will love.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these spider cookies? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy recipe, party and decoration ideas. You will also have access to our library of free printables. See you there!