This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Christmas holiday chocolate Grinch bark is perfect for the family to share. Inspired by the classic movie The Grinch, who’s heart was 2 sizes too small.
This is an easy Grinch bark recipe that requires just 3 simple ingredients!
Perfect to share whilst watching a movie or taking to a Christmas party. The whole family will love this simple Christmas treat.
- How To Make An Easy White Chocolate Slice For Kids
- How To Make Chocolate Pudding Cookies The Whole Family Will Love
Christmas is the perfect time to binge watch movies. There is something incredibly satisfying about being cosy on the couch with Christmas treats in hand and watching a Christmas movie with the family.
One of those movies would have to be “The Grinch Stole Christmas”. To make it even more fun, make this Grinch bark to enjoy whilst watching the movie. The kids will absolutely love it!
The Grinch bark is super easy to make and it’s something that the kids can really enjoy doing. Just make sure that you make it ahead of time as it needs a chance to set. It’s not something you can just whip up right before putting the movie on.
Having said that, the Grinch bark is quick to make. The longest part is actually waiting for it to set. But it will be totally worth it!
Make The Perfect Grinch Bark In 7 Simple Steps
This Christmas chocolate Grinch bark is super simple to make.
Whilst I have broken it down into 7 steps, each step is really truly simple and you can whip up this Christmas treat super quickly.
Step 1: Prepare the Baking Tray
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate
Using either the microwave or the stove, melt the candy melts. Ensure that you melt the two colors separately.
Step 3: Create the green base
Pour the green candy melts directly onto the parchment paper. You want the chocolate to be about 1/4 inch thick.
Step 4: Create the chocolate swirl
Swirl in the white candy melts over the green base. You can use a blunt knife or a tooth pick to create the swirl patterns in the chocolate.
Step 5: Add Sprinkles
Before the chocolate melts have a chance to cool and set, add some sprinkles of your choice to the top.
For the Grinch we used candy hearts because, well. The Grinch’s heart was 2 sizes too small!
To ensure the hearts stick to the bark, you can gently press them down using your fingers.
Step 6: Freeze
The best way to ensure that the bark sets quickly is to place in the freezer. Be sure to place in the freezer for at least an hour.
Alternatively it can also be placed in the fridge. It just might take slightly longer to fully set.
Step 7: Create individual pieces
Once the chocolate bark has firmly set, break the bark into several pieces. You can either cut the bark with a sharp knife or use your fingers.
You can make these pieces as big or small as you want.
Then simply enjoy!
Christmas Chocolate Grinch Bark Recipe
- 1 bag white candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 1 bag light green candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- Red heart sprinkles (I used some that were pink and red and picked out the red sprinkles)
- parchment paper
- Melt the candy melts separately in the microwave or over the stove . Check package for specific directions as this can vary depending on the brand used.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour out the green candy melts onto the parchment paper. Smooth out.
- Swirl in drops of the white candy melts. You want a layer that's not too thin but definitely not thick.
- Top with heart sprinkles of choice.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until hard.
- Remove and break into pieces.
- Store in air tight container in fridge. If you need to keep longer you may freeze it.
Tips For Making The Best Chocolate Bark
Whilst making this Grinch chocolate bark isn’t difficult, there are a few tips that will help making the bark easier.
- The best chocolate to use for chocolate bark is candy melts.
- If you can buy pre-colored candy melts that is best. Otherwise you can add coloring to the candy melts after the chocolate has melted. Just be aware though that you need to use colorings that are water free otherwise you will end up with a big clumpy mess!
- Ensure that the chocolate is poured onto parchment paper. This will make it easier to lift the chocolate bark up afterwards. If you pour it directly onto a tray it could end up sticking and your bark will end up in smaller pieces than you initially planned.
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the chocolate bark.
- If you use your hands to break the bark, ensure that they are completely dry.
- The chocolate bark can be stored into an airtight container for up to 3 months. If you live in a warmer climate, you might like to store the bark in the fridge to prevent it from melting.
It is always fun to make festive treats and this Grinch bark is definitely going to become one of your favorites.
It’s easy to make, it tastes great and the kids are going to absolutely love it.
Need some more Christmas ideas? Check out these easy magical Christmas ideas the whole family can enjoy. You will find printables, simple recipes, decorations and more.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love this Grinch bark? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy holiday recipes. You will also be updated with party and decoration ideas PLUS have access to the free printable library. See you there!