This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Selection of easy dinosaur party ideas to create a party that is a roaring success. With suggestions for food, decorations, games and activities, this party will be easy to plan and one that the kids will love.
- The Most Amazing And Easy Dinosaur Party
- The Dinosaur Birthday Party That Will Impress
- Adventure Paleontologist Party Kids Will Want To Get Involved In
A dinosaur party is one of those party themes that you really can’t go wrong with. Kids love dinosaurs, and there are so many options available for decoration and food that it makes planning a dinosaur party relatively simple. The chances are that if you have a son, you will be asked at some point to hold a dinosaur party.
The good thing is, this is one of those parties that is easy to plan because there are SO many ideas.
Dinosaur Party Decoration
The dinosaur party decoration can really be as easy or as difficult as you want to make it.
A great way to introduce the little guests to the party would be to provide some dinosaur footprints leading up to the party. This could be from the driveway round to the garden, or some footprints taped to the floor inside. The kids would love following the trail.
A simple way to provide an easy pop of decoration is to put up a party backdrop. Great colors to use would be green, brown and orange.
To decorate the tabletop, use some leaves, rocks and of course little miniature dinosaurs. Use wooden blocks to display your food on which also helps to give it an earthy feel whilst adding dimension to the table.
Party printable’s are fantastic for providing easy party decor. A dinosaur party printable’s set includes water bottle labels, candy bar wrappers, cupcake toppers and food tent labels. They can easily assist to set the scene.
With simple decorations such as the ones mentioned above, your party decor is practically complete.
As the kids arrive to the party, hand them all a dinosaur tail. Not only will they love it, but they will look absolutely adorable for the entire party.
5 Real Dinosaur Party Ideas
1. Earthy Vibe Dinosaur Party
Source: Amy Atlas
This dinosaur party is exceptional. One of the many things I love about this party are the two tables. There is one for the little ones, plus there is also a table of wine and cheese for the adults. Everyone is going to go home happy.
2. Rugged Dinosaur Party
Source: Love The Day
This dinosaur party is rugged and rustic. The styling is fantastic, and it is even held in a National History Museum. What more could you want from a dinosaur party!
3. Bright and Fun Dinosaur Party
Source: Whimsically Detailed
How about a cute looking dinosaur party? This gorgeous party is bright, colorful and certainly super cute. For the younger crowd this kind of styling would be an absolute hit.
4. Classic and Simple Dinosaur Party
Source: Mom It Forward
This dinosaur party has all the basics covered, but it is also very simply put together. There are a few details such as the fossil cookies that really stand out. This is a party that shows you don’t have to go overboard with the food and decor for it to be successful.
5. Adorable Dinosaur Party
Source: Project Nursery.
This dinosaur party has a simplistic design that is so incredibly effective. Everything is matched together and the party gives some great ideas for easy entertaining. You wont be disappointed with this one.
Dinosaur Party Food Ideas
There are a lot of fun things you can do to create some dinosaur themed food. Some options include:
- Have a dessert cup of chocolate mousse, with crushed Oreo’s on the top. Place a mini dinosaur on the top. It will look like he is standing on a pile of dirt.
- Make some cookies with a dinosaur foot print in.
- Choose from one of these easy dinosaur cakes that you can easily make at home.
- Make rice krispie treats into the shape of eggs and label them dinosaur eggs
Dinosaur Party Games & Activities
Kids love party games. Whilst the old fashioned games such as pass the parcel musical statues are always a hit, it can be a nice idea to incorporate some games that fit into the theme of the party. Some ideas include;
- Pin the tooth or tail onto the dinosaur.
- Fill a sand pit and hide dinosaurs and bones in it for the kids to explore.
- Have a treasure hunt with eggs hidden everywhere.
- For a warm day fill some water balloons and call them dinosaur eggs. Carry the dinosaur eggs from one location to a dinosaur toy and see how many eggs the kids can save.
- Freeze some mini dinosaurs in ice blocks. Let the kids chip away at the ice as an excavation activity.
Use these dinosaur party ideas to coordinate a party that the kids are going to absolutely love.
Keep the party decoration simple, use some earthy tones and don’t forget the dinosaurs. It will be a roaring success.Need some ideas for a different theme? Check out the ultimate guide to easy party ideas for boys.
Let’s stay in touch. Did you love these easy dinosaur party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party, decoration and food ideas. You will also have access to a huge selection of free printables. See you there!