This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Christmas charades if the perfect game for some family festive fun. It’s silly fun where the whole family can get to be just a little bit goofy.
This is a simple game which is quick to organise and perfect for a small or large gathering. Use these free printable cards to get everyone in the family laughing and let the holiday fun begin.
- The Best Free Christmas Word Search Puzzles The Kids Will Love
- 9 Insanely Fun Backyard Games That Everyone Will Love
Why Charades Is The Perfect Christmas Game For The Holidays
Christmas is the perfect time for playing games. It’s a time when we come together with friends and family, some of whom we may not have seen for a while.
Playing games are the perfect way to relax and unwind whilst having a whole lot of fun.
There are So many reasons why charades is especially great at Christmas.
- It works well with all size groups, so whether you have 4 people or 20+ people this game can still be played.
- It is a free game and all you need to do is print the free printable charade sheets.
- It’s super easy to organise.
- Whether you are 5 or 90 years old you can still get involved.
- Everyone gets to be just a little bit “goofy” and have some innocent fun.
- The game gets everyone on their feet and moving. This is never a bad thing when a lot of festive treats are being consumed!
- You will get to see different sides of people as they try to act out different things. Did you know that Aunt or Uncle was so competitive?
- Everyone will remember this time together as being a lot of fun.
This game is SO much fun and can still be played whilst everyone is enjoying their food and drinks.
Be warned. It will cause A LOT of laughing!
Things You Will Need To Play Christmas Charades
You really don’t need much to play Christmas charades, but it is a good idea to have all the items handy to allow the game to proceed smoothly.
Ensure you have the following:
- A timer.
- Pencil and a piece of paper to keep score.
- Christmas charades print outs available from the free printable library.
- A bag or a box that can have all the charade paper slips in.
How To Play The Christmas Charades Game
Before playing, ensure that you have printed out the Christmas charades sheets, and cut out the individual words.
Place all the words into a grab bag or box.
Depending on the number of people playing, you may either be playing individually or as equal teams.
Separate your family and friends accordingly.
This is exactly how you play.
- Divide everyone into teams. This could be two teams of 2, or 2 teams of 4 or 3 teams of 4. Just make sure that each team has the same amount of people in it.
- The team to play first chooses who will mime first. Let’s call them “the actor”. The actor picks a slip from the bag and keeps it secret from the rest of their team.
- Setting the timer to 1 minute, the actor now has to act out the phrase on their slip to the rest of their team. The actor MAY NOT use verbal cues, make any sounds, draw letters in the air or point to any objects.
- The team needs to correctly guess what was on the actor’s paper to win a point.
- The other team/s goes through the exact same process.
- Once all the teams have had a turn, the round is complete and a new actor from the first team is chosen to start again.
- Each player in the team must have a turn to complete a full round.
- Decide at the beginning of the play how many full rounds you will do. If for example there are four players per team and you do two rounds, each person in the team will be an actor twice (8 mimes for the entire team).
- The team with the most points at the end is the winner.
- If there is a tie between teams, you could either play another round or play “sudden death”. Sudden death ends when one team wins a point but the other does not.
Christmas Charade Printable Clues
To help you coordinate a super fun Christmas charades game, simply print off the following sheets.
I recommend you print onto white card stock rather than paper. If you would like to keep the game, you could also laminate the sheets.
Once all the clues have been cut out, place them in a bag or box ready for play.
Christmas charades is so much fun and it is the perfect bonding game. As a team you can laugh together, enjoy each other’s company. It is definitely a better option than sitting down watching a movie.
The best times spent at Christmas are those spent together, and charades certainly allows that to happen.
So print off the Christmas charades list and get that party started!
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love this Christmas charades game? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept updated with other fun holiday ideas. You will also be updated with easy party, recipe and decoration ideas, PLUS have access to the free printable library. See you there!