This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Enjoy this easy soft chocolate cookie recipe that the kids will be fighting you for. Just a few simple steps and you will have the most delicious mouth watering cookie.
There is so much comfort to be had in enjoying a simple cookie. Not a store bought cookie, but a super fresh cookie right out of the oven.
Now when that cookie also happens to be chocolate, the taste buds go extra wild. This is one of those chocolate cookie recipes that will soon become a family favorite for two reasons.
- The cookies are SO easy to make
- They taste absolutely amazing and the kids will soon be pestering you for more.
It was my daughter’s second birthday recently and I wanted to make some no fail cookies for her party. Baking is not my strong point so every recipe has to be SO EASY otherwise I just wont bother with it.
This recipe has now been used to many times and it’s always been successful. It’s definitely a no fail recipe.
Now I get to share that recipe with you.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Cookies In 7 Simple Steps
Step 1: Mix the dry ingredients together. In a bowl mix the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder then put aside.
Step 2: Beat the softened butter and sugar together. Once complete, mix in the egg.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together to form a dough.
Step 4: Separate the dough into two or three piles and flatten them.
Wrap each piece of dough in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
Step 5: After refrigeration, roll out the dough and cut your cookies with your desired cookie cutter.
Step 6: Place the cookies onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
Step 7: Leave the cookies on the tray for a minute or two before moving to a wire wrack to cool. (If you can wait that long!).
Easy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1¼ cups of sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it is smooth, then beat in the egg.
- Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough and divide the dough into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Flatten the dough and wrap each portion in cling film. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F
- Use cocoa powder to flour your bench top, then roll out the dough to approximately ½cm in thickness.
- Cut your cookies into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies onto baking trays lined with a baking paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Of course you don’t need to bake them into specific shapes. It’s just as easy to create a nice round cookie that can be enjoyed at any time. However if you want to have some extra fun with the kids, they will love experimenting with different cookie cutter shapes to bake the perfect cookie just for them.
With such an easy chocolate cookie recipe, you will be coming back to this one over and over again.
Don’t forget to check out all the other easy recipe ideas.
Let’s stay in touch. Did you love this easy chocolate cookie recipe? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy recipe and party ideas. See you there.