This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
I hear it again, that desperate cry of starvation “Mum, can I have something to eat?”. Whilst you don’t want to ruin the kids appetite, hearing “please can I have something to eat? Please…please…please” for the next hour is seriously going to drive you insane.
Luckily these delicious blueberry banana mini muffins are going to be the answer to your prayers. Seriously they are!
They are sweet enough to be considered naughty, but healthy enough for you not to be guilt ridden. Trust me when I say, you need these muffins in your life.
Lucky for us, our contributor Kirsten from Treat Yourself Sweeter, has shared this amazing recipe with us, that is going to give us a few minutes peach from the kids!
- Can’t resist a good chocolate muffin? Try this healthy version that you can eat guilt free.
- For a muffin to satsify the hunger cravings, these date muffins are going to be your new best friend.
Blueberry Banana Mini Muffins; mini mouthfuls of healthified, refined sugar free sweet muffins with pops of blueberries adding colour and flavour
Wahoo… it is ALMOST the end of the week. OMG, what a week it has been- it has been so, ah hem… challenging, that I won’t even horrify you with it. Let’s just say, I’ll be happy when the weekend gets here.
I ask you though, when did life get so busy?!
Honestly, I feel like I never ever have enough time in the day- ever! What usually gets dropped off my list of ‘to do’ things….the gym, exercise.. even just that little walk, a few weights…
Oh, I never EVER use to be like that… a quick run before work, gym after and now I can’t seem to squeeze anything on some days. You know what I always manage to squeeze in though? Dessert… chocolate… a few sweet treats 😉
That is why I need healthified, sweet snacks- something that takes the edge of my sweet craving but isn’t like tucking into that rich New York baked cheesecake (which I could SO do right now… argh!!)
I love quick muffins that are just bite sized, I find that I only need to grab one – and they are small. Bonuses all around- healthifed, small, sweet… almost guilt free.
Oh and almost most importantly.. quick, easy and only one bowl really needed! Who doesn’t love to minimize the mess??
Owe Mum something from mother’s day still?? Give her a warm basket of these… she’ll love you even more 🙂
- 1 very ripe small - medium banana (80 grams)
- 2 large tablespoons thick vanilla yoghurt (45 grams)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 egg- beaten
- 1 cup sifted self raising flour
- 50 grams fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven 170 degrees Celsius
- Mash the banana and yoghurt together in a medium bowl.
- Add the apple sauce and mix until well combined and begins to smooth out.
- Add the beaten egg and mix to combine.
- Gently fold through the flour and the fresh blueberries.
- Place spoonfuls into mini muffin containers and bake for 10-15 mins or until they bounce back when touched softly.
Do you have trouble saying no??
Does your sweet tooth have a habit of popping up late at night too?
I’d love to hear from you!
Need some more recipe ideas? Check out our entire range of party food ideas that are perfect for the kids and adults too. There are plenty of homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate popcorn and other delicious recipes that guests will all love.