This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Baked zucchini chips are mouth-watering delicious. This is an easy ‘how to’ recipe that you don’t want to miss. Give to the kids, serve at a party or replace your normal tv snacks.
Once you have tried these, you won’t want to go back. They are so easy to make and pretty healthy as snacks go too.
- Need another delicious snack to tuck into when the kids are in bed? You should definitely try this sausage and onion topping for crackers. It is seriously delicious!
- For a sneaky veg idea for the kids, try these baked cheesy cauliflower bites.
Baked zucchini chips are seriously the most awesome healthy snack.
When the kids are in bed, your favorite show is on the tv and you have settled in on the couch, what is is you do?
Munch on snacks!
So there we sit, eating through our snacks whilst enjoying the kid free zone, but half the time we are also frustrating ourselves that we are filing our bodies with unhealthy junk. We have all been there, you are totally not alone.
Well what if I told you that you CAN eat those snacks, they WILL taste delicious, AND they can be pretty healthy too.
Granted, you will have to do a bit more work that opening the closest packet of chips, but they are TOTALLY worth it.
My husband is always tucking into bags of chips, and these just make a lovely refreshing change, which you can munch on and leave those guilty feelings in the kitchen!
If you havn’t already tried zucchini chips, then now is your time.
If you really want to share with the kids, then I’m sure they would enjoy them too, plus it’s another way to get those veggies into them!
But otherwise, keep them to yourself. Shhh, the kids will never know!
The best way to ear these zucchini chips are straight out the oven when they are still hot and crunchy, but you can store for a couple of days if you need to (but I seriously doubt that would be a problem you would encounter!).
They do take quite a while to cook in the oven though and you will be wanting to come back for more and more, so it is probably a good idea to bake a few at once to make sure you don’t run out!
The zucchinis also shrink in the oven, so bear that in mind when dividing out your portion sizes.
Get Your Bake On With These Zucchini Chips
It is really quite a simple recipe, with limited ingredients, but you can still print out the recipe if you wish.
Just remember to grab the three ingredients required and you are ready to rock and roll!
- Zucchini (as many as you wish)
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 225F or 110C.
- Slice the zucchini. Don't slice too thinly otherwise they will shrivel up in the oven. Likewise don't slice too thick otherwise they will be soggy!
- Lay slices of zucchini on a paper towel and press gently with another piece of paper towel. This will help to draw out some of the moisture and prevent them from turning soggy.
- Place the slices on a tray lined with baking paper and spray lightly with oil and salt.
- Bake for 2 hours, but keep a close eye on them and turn occasionally to prevent burning.
They do taste as great as they look, so even if you are the slightest bit tempted you should try them!
Have you ever made zucchini chips?
Do you think they are a great alternative to the usual potatoes?
Need some more recipe ideas? Check out our entire range of party food ideas that are perfect for the kids and adults too. There are plenty of homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, chocolate popcorn and other delicious recipes that guests will all love.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these zucchini chips? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept updated with other easy recipes. You will also be updated with easy party, decoration, printable ideas and more. See you there!