This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you
Head deep into the jungle with this collection of simple Safari party ideas. The kids will have a wild time with fun and playful party decoration.
There are plenty of ideas that are easy to incorporate with a little DIY planning. This is a great party theme for any little adventurer.
A Safari party is perfect on so many levels. For a start it is great for not only birthday’s, but also baby showers and christenings.
It also works as a great party theme for both boys and girls. You could say in a way that it is the perfect party theme, one which all party guests will have a great time.
Everyone will certainly have the time of their life at a Safari party. With it’s striking decor, it’s adorable characters and it’s capacity for wild adventures, this is a party that everyone is going to love.
How Do I Decorate For A Safari Party?
Decorating for a safari theme party is going to be a LOT of fun. There are a lot of safari party supplies that can be purchased, as well as using other items found in the dollar store.
Whilst there are some specific party ideas further down the post with decorating ideas, the simplest way to decorate the party space is to stick to the earthy colors. Think of brown, green, yellow, orange and white as a good starting point and it’s easy to build from there.
It is a good idea to create a party backdrop. This can easily be achieved using budget friendly plastic tablecloth’s in your chosen party colors.
Next create some tissue paper garlands to hang around the area and suddenly you already have the perfect jungle feel. Make some vines by twisting together brown craft paper. Add vine and palm leaves to them for extra effect.
If you have any stuffed safari animals, use them as decoration props. It is also a great idea to look out for them at second hand shops.
Add some animal cutouts, animal print balloons and even some inflatable animals for some extra wild touches to the jungle theme party.
Real Safari Party Ideas
Use these real Safari parties to give you an idea of how to put the party together. Each of these parties takes a slightly different spin on the Safari theme.
The great thing about a themed party is that no two parties are exactly the same!
Typical Jungle Safari Party
Source: A Pumpkin and A Princess
This jungle Safari party is simply amazing. The party decor, the earthy color scheme, the funky cake and the simple yet delicious table display. It all works together perfectly.
The hanging rosettes are totally gorgeous and look awesome set back against the striking green leaves.
Source: A Small Snippett.
Another great way to hold a Safari party is to focus on one aspect of Safari. In this instance it’s the cheetah.
The cheetah print everywhere looks awesome. It’s even included on the ties on the chairs. Having the cheetah print as the focal point ensures that everything blends together perfectly.
Madagascar Safari Party
Source: Love Every Detail
For some amazing Safari party ideas, you can’t go past Madagascar. This is certainly a party that is deep in Safari.
The cupcake toppers are sensational and even the ‘dirt’ cups look delicious. Everything is matched perfectly with printable’s and the colors are bold and striking.
Venturing up to this party table, you are literally walking into the jungle.
Baby Shower Safari Party
Source: Stix N Pops
A Safari party makes a gorgeous theme for a baby shower.
The cupcake tower with the cake on top is stunning and creates a fantastic table feature. The baby curled up on top of the cake is just adorable.
This is a fun and cheeky party, and would certainly be a lot of fun for a mum to be.
Pastel Safari Party
Source: Grey Grey Designs.
Pastel decoration might not instantly be the decor that comes to mind when you think of a Safari party, but this example goes to show that it can be done.
Everything looks like you would see it in a nursery, the baby spin on the party is simply delightful. The cupcake display has to be my favorite part of the table display.
Safari Party Food Ideas
There are so many fun themed treats that you can make for a Safari party.
Creating theme food adds to the fun and helps to create the jungle atmosphere. For simplicity, stick to finger foods.
Some easy Safari food ideas include:
- Delicious and also fun monkey pops. This is an easy recipe and the monkey heads are available as a free printable.
- Kids love jello and this is so easy to have available at the party. Stick to jello in safari colors where possible.
- Have a fruit station. Fruit will always be found on safari, so this is a great excuse to get some healthy food into the kids.
- It would also be fun to use some vegetables and turn them into animal faces. For example, use carrot sticks to create a lion’s face with drip bowls for eyes, cauliflower for the nose and slices of mushrooms for the mouth. Or perhaps slice a cucumber and lay it out as a snake.
- Obtain an animal cookie cutter of choice for some fun cookies
Fun Safari Games & Activites
To throw the most awesome Safari party, it’s important to have some games. Examples include:
- A spin on Simon Says. Instead of saying Simon says, you could say, “The jungle says to swing your arms like an elephant”.
- Safari animal scavenger hunt.
- Sleeping lions. Play some music and when the music stops, the kids fall to the ground and lay as still as they can.
- Jungle Animal Charades
- Pin the tail on a (Safari animal of choice)
- Have someone available for face painting an assortment of jungle animal face masks.
- Create a craft table where the kids can color in jungle animal masks.
- Make a pair of binoculars by taping two toilet rolls together and fixing some string to the ends so they can hang around the children’s necks.
- Create a photo booth with safari props and animal party hats.
Safari-Themed Birthday Party Favors
Kid love to explore their goodie bags end the end of a party. There are lots of party favors that you could include that match the theme of the party such as:
- Plastic little animals
- Animal stickers
- Tiger tails
- Animal tattoos
- Animal eye masks
A Safari party is a whole lot of fun for the entire family. The kids might like to dress up in their favorite Safari animal costume or as a Safari explorer to really feel like they are entering the jungle together.
With the striking party decor and some fun themed food and games, this party is going to be a roaring success.
Need some ideas for a different theme? Check out more party ideas for a ton of inspiration with different themes, games and more.
Let’s keep in touch. Did you love these safari party ideas? Sign up to the weekly newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy party ideas, decorations and recipes. You will also have access to the library of free printables. See you there!