This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you, and helps bring you more creative projects. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
Learn how to make an easy Peppa Pig cake that the kids are going to love. With a few simple steps, Peppa will be the birthday cake that your kids will remember forever.
- Stunning Peppa Pig Birthday Party Toddlers Will Love
- Playful Peppa Pig Party Ideas
- The Most Adorable Peppa Pig Cupcakes The Kids Will Find Hilarious
Peppa Pig is an increasingly popular character for toddlers. Peppa is a cheeky little piggy from the UK who lives with her little brother George, Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig.
In fact, Peppa is so popular that there is even a Peppa Pig world in the UK. I think this really puts Peppa Pig in the super stardom category.
Peppa Pig is also a very popular party theme choice for toddlers and as such the need for the Peppa Pig cake arises.
The other day I opened up my Facebook profile to see this amazing Peppa Pig cake made by a friend of mine for her daughter’s 3rd birthday. I asked her if she would share it with us and she agreed.
Unfortunately I don’t have progress shots to share with you (because she didn’t know it was going to be featured on a blog), but that doesn’t mean we can’t walk you through it step by step so you too can make your own incredible Peppa Pig cake.
My friend says she is not a very confident baker, so if she can make it, then you totally can too.
How Do You Make A Peppa Pig Cake With Buttercream?
The easiest way to decorate cakes (for non bakers) is to use buttercream. Whilst fondant cakes look amazing, they do require a certain skill level, which you can totally skip over with buttercream.
Just have a couple of bowls of buttercream ready to enable you have to have different colors. It is also best to have more than you need, to ensure that you don’t run out and then struggle to make the exact same color.
Tip: I always pre-purchase a large tub of buttercream for cake decorating. It takes out a lot of time mixing the buttercream together and gives you more time to focus on the more important decorating aspects.
How To Decorate The Peppa Pig Cake
Once you have baked the cakes (using the recipe below), follow the following 10 steps for decoration.
Step 1: Draw the templates of Peppa’s head and body onto some baking paper and use these to cut the cake. Use the round cake for the head and the square cake for the body.
Step 2: On a large baking tray or cake board or place your two pieces of cake into position.
Step 3: Cover the cake with your colored buttercream. Pink for the head and red for the dress.
Step 4: Use musk sticks for the arms and legs.
Step 5: Cut a mint biscuit (or any dark colored round biscuit in half and use for the shoes. If the musk sticks and biscuits need to fixed into place, use some icing pen underneath and stick to the board.
Step 6: Use an icing pen to outline the face and the dress. Pink for the head and red for the dress.
Step 7: Use marshmallows for the eyes and the cheek.
Step 8: With a black icing pen, place a small dot in the middle of the eyes.
Step 9: Use a couple of smarties as nostrils.
Step 10: If you wish to add your child’s age, draw this out on Peppa’s dress using smarties.
- 250g chopped butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups (440g) castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) custard powder
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk.
- Musk Sticks
- Mint pattie biscuits
- Icing pen/s
- Pink food colouring
- Grease two deep 23 cm cake pans and line with baking paper. Use one circle and one square.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Beat on low until the ingredients are combined and then increase to medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in a medium heat oven for 1¼ hours. (180-190 celcius, 350-375 Fahrenheit or gas mark 4).
- Once cooked, stand the cake for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Draw separate templates of the head and body according to the size of your cake tins and use these templates to cut around the cake to form the head (round tin) and body (square tin).
- Use a tray or a cake board to display the cake.
- Please note: You will need to make the recipe with the mixture outlined above TWICE. Once for the square pan and once for the circle pan.
- HOW TO MAKE THE ICING:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until very pale.
- Gradually add half the icing sugar and keep beating until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the milk and remaining icing sugar, continuing to beat until smooth.
- Add your desired food coloring.
- HOW TO DECORATE:
- Place musk sticks for the arms and legs and cut a mint biscuit in half for the shoes.
- Place marshmallows for the eyes and cheek, and use a black icing pen for the pupils. Place a couple of smarties for the nostrils.
- Use a pink icing pen to outline the face.
- Use a red icing pen to outline the dress and draw the mouth.
- If needed use an icing pen to stick down the must sticks and biscuits to the board.
- If desired use the smarties to outline your child's age on Pegga Pig's dress.
This adorable Peppa Pig cake is going to be one that your toddler will love. It’s super cute, fun to make and you will definitely have an excited little toddler on your hands.
Let’s stay in touch. Did you love this easy Peppa Pig cake? Sign up to the newsletter to be kept up to date with other easy recipe, party and decoration ideas. You will also have access to a wide range of printables. See you there!