This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
2016 is a year of change, growth and excitement for Smart Party Planning. Please read on to find out how we will now be donating 10% of ALL profits to an absolutely incredibly charity and how your party planning can contribute to this!
I am incredibly excited for 2016. At the beginning of a New Year people often reflect upon what they want to achieve for that year. Many make resolutions and goals which could be personal, business related or both.
As I reflected upon my site here at Smart Party Planning, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to achieve in 2016 and where I wanted to take it.
I realized that whilst I am working on my site to enable me to be a full time stay at home mum, I wanted more than that. It needed to achieve a bigger and better purpose.
Smart Party Planning has always been about enjoying life, having easy recipes that any busy mumma can make, party ideas that the budget conscious can create plus party printable’s to help put the finishing touches to party events and gifts. These things all contribute to bringing happiness and joy to many people.
BUT…can we do more? Absolutely we can!
People often ask how bloggers make money. There are many ways, including advertising that you see on this site, affiliate links, ebooks and Smart Party Planning also has an ETSY store.
It is income from this site that allows me to keep doing what I’m doing, but also allows me to follow my desire to be a stay at home mum.
So How Can Your Party Planning Help Others?
On Christmas Eve I felt called to approach a wonderful lady in our church who has been dedicated to assisting a charity Blue Dragon in Vietnam.This is such an amazing charity that aims to get kids out of danger, reunite them with their family where possible and support their recover and growth with long-term opportunities.
How amazing is that!
Blue Dragon does SO much, including;
Rescue Of Children Trafficked For Child Labor:
Blue Dragon identifies children who have been trafficked and actively rescue them out of sweat shops, where they are being held in slavery in Ho Chi Minh City. Blue Dragon work to ensure these children return to their families and receive the support and counselling that they desperately require. Assistance is also given to the Vietnam police to prosecute the traffickers whilst also supporting victims through the process.
Rescue Of Young Girls Out Of The Sex Trade:
Since 2007, Blue Dragon has been working to rescue girls and young women from their places of sexual slavery. This is dangerous work but girls are reunited with their families, and then Blue Dragon works with them to offer education, counselling, support and accommodation as required.
Work With Street Kids And Children With Disabilities:
This is a massive area of work that encompasses offering crisis care to kids on the street day and night, bringing runaways home and working with families to ensure children are safe. Providing safe accommodation, giving kids a place to play, developing individual plans that improve outcomes through education, poverty reduction, and psychological and physical health. Getting kids back to education or training.
Assisting Rural Children From Poor Backgrounds:
Support is available for children in rural provinces around Vietnam who are at risk of leaving school due to poverty or disability. Blue Dragon work towards providing schooling, renovate housing, and identifying areas of need. This all contributes to help children who are at risk of living in danger on the streets.
All in all Blue Dragon undertake absolutely AMAZING work, and I want to be able to assist with that.
So what does this mean for Smart Party Planning?
As of January 2016, I will be donating 10% of ALL profits gained from this website to Blue Dragon.
What does this mean for YOU?
In reality, unless you want to donate to Blue Dragon yourself, it wont make any difference to your usage of this site.
HOWEVER, if you feel that you want to help me to give more money then there are several things that you can do!
- PLEASE SHARE this site to as many friends and family as you can. This will cost you nothing, but the more exposure we can receive, the more chances we will have of being able to donate money to this amazing cause.
- You will see my disclosure policy at the beginning of each post. This explains that I make a small commission out of any products you purchase from my affiliate links. Need some party ware? Why not purchase through the links I have here. It will cost you no extra, but you know that you are then also contributing to Blue Dragon! How awesome is that!
- We have a wide range of party printable’s for party styling and gifts in our ETSY store. 10% of ALL the profits from these sales will now be going directly to Blue Dragon. Again, this will cost you nothing extra, but your joy from the printable’s will also bring joy to a life in Vietnam!
- You may know that we also run a coffee business, and 100% of all retail profits from that business will now be donated to Blue Dragon. Yes, you did read that right….100% of retail profits!
How far will our money be going? This is the REAL exciting part. It really doesn’t take much to make a huge difference. Take a look at this:
- $28 per month will sponsor a child to stay in school
- $50 gives a street child healthy nutritious meals for a month
- $80 provides a child with a legal identity and their birth certificate
- $100 gives a homeless child the basic care they need for a month
- $400 rescues a child trafficked into forced labour
- $2,00 builds a home for a landless rural family
- $2,500 rescues a young woman from the sex trade
You can find a whole heap of information about how Blue Dragon operates and how you can donate individually if you desire on their website.
I look forward to an amazing year on Smart Party Planning, and knowing that together we can make a difference!
Thanks for all your support