This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
This is a white Christmas slice recipe that the kids are going to love. It’s nut free so perfect for serving at kids Christmas parties too.
By easily making the slice into cute Christmas tree pops, this is going to be a holiday treat favorite. I have illusions every year of undertaking Christmas baking that is really going to impress. I’m not talking about the king of baking that you just eat and enjoy, but rather the type that people look twice at.
People comment on it.
They mention how good it looks
The taste buds dance and people revel about how awesome it tastes.
And best of all, they start making comments that they would never be able to make such a creation themselves and continue to remark how oh so clever I am.
This is not that type of Christmas baking! Sorry to burst the bubble, but I did say, I have the illusion…the reality is always different.
What this baking is however is something that anyone and everyone can do, including the kids.
It tastes great.
It looks interesting enough to eat.
It looks naughty enough to only eat at Christmas
And people will comment to you. They will ask for the recipe so that they can try it themselves at home.
So forget the illusion and run with something that you know you can do. Let’s face it, you are still stepping up a notch from grabbing the nearest box of chocolates at the grocery store.
My 5 year old daughter helped me make this, so that just proves how easy it is to do. The decoration could be prettier if you were to do it yourself, but where’s the fun in that.
Kids love to help with baking, especially the decorating, and this is perfect for them.
The White Christmas Slice Kids Will Love
If you can mix some ingredients together and throw it in a pan, then this is the Christmas dessert for you.
Start off by separating the dry ingredients from the melted chocolate and copha. Cover a 22cm round pan with baking paper ready for the prepared mixture.
Once the chocolate is fully melted, mix in the dry ingredients to form a mixture.
Place the mixture into the pan and press down firmly ensuring a smooth surface.
Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour
Once set, remove the mixture from the pan and place on a chopping board. Cut into wedges.
The slice can easily crumble in the center, so try and use as sharp a knife as possible.
Place a lollipop stick into the bottom of each of the wedges.
Melt the remaining chocolate and use to decorate the top of the Christmas tree wedges.
The M&M’s will sit on the top of the melted chocolate.
That’s it. Your done.
If you are looking for that treat to impress this Christmas but really don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, then this is the perfect slice for you.
I would love to hear what you think of it.
Print off the white Christmas recipe to use again and again
- 550g white chocolate
- 100g copha
- ½ cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 2½ cups puffed rice cereal
- 160g packet M&M's mini's.
- Grease a 22cm round springform pan and line the sides with baking paper.
- Melt 500g of white chocolate and copha together stirring continuously until fully melted.
- Add cranberries, coconut and puffed rice cereal together to form a mixture.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan and create an even smooth surface.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour until completely set.
- Remove White Christmas from the pan and place on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, cut into equal wedges.
- Carefully place a lolipop stick into the bottom of the wedge to resemble the Christmas tree.
- Melt the remaining 50g of white chocolate and use to decorate the top of the Christmas tree. Attach the M&M's on the top of the melted chocolate.
- Leave to stand until set.