This post contains affiliate links. We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post, but this is at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Smart Party Planning.
With the Christmas and New Year season fast approaching, there will be lots of party planning being undertaken. Your party planning checklist will be even more important at this time of year to ensure that you remain in control of all the preparations.
When deciding on your party food , quick and easy to prepare treats are always party winners.
These chocolate marshmallow treats will certainly be on your ‘to make’ list and your guests will love them.
They are quick and easy to make, look great and taste amazing!
Add some fruit as garnish and they wont stay around long on your desert table!
The marshmallow surprise is hidden inside these delightful chocolate balls.
The other wonderful thing about these gorgeous little chocolate balls is that they can be used as party favours or gifts.
Wrap them in a clear confectionery bag, tied with a piece of ribbon and your gift is simple yet attractive.
Making these treats is easy. Here is how:
Ingredients you will need:
♥ 200g butter
♥ 395g canned sweetened condensed milk
♥ 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
♥ 1/4 cup cocoa powder
♥ 2 teaspooons vanilla extract
♥ 3 3/4 cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs
♥ 300g marshmallows
♥ 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
How to make these Chocolate Marshmallows:
1. Crush the biscuits and put aside.
2. Combine butter, condensed milk, sugar, sifted cocoa and vanilla extract in a medium sized saucepan. Stir over a low heat until smooth.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
4. Using damp hands roll two heaped teaspoons of mixture around each marshmallow, pressing firmly.
5. Place coconut in a small shallow bowl and roll balls in the coconut.
6. Place on trays and refrigerate until firm.
So what do you think?
Are you going to give them a try?
If you love chocolate, you won’t be disappointed!!
If you like this post, please subscribe to be kept informed of future updates!
Thanks for reading
Catherine Holt (Smart Party Planning)